MapleGreen Tree Services strives to be a sustainability leader within the tree service industry. To achieve this, MapleGreen has recently created a Sustainability Department and welcomed Maarika Farmer into the Junior Sustainability Professional role to initiate and manage upcoming sustainability projects. Maarika previously achieved a Double Major in Environment, Sustainability, and Society and International Development Studies from Dalhousie University and recently graduated with a Certificate in Sustainable Business Management from Seneca College.
To become more environmentally conscious as a company, Maarika has identified many initiatives that MapleGreen will be participating in, among others:
- Develop an official Sustainability Strategy along with corporate and operational environmental policies
- Conduct a 7 Green Wastes Audit (assessing energy, water, materials, garbage, transportation, emissions, and biodiversity)
- Create internal and external educational materials that support environmental learning and engagement
- Publish a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) report
- Reduce MapleGreen’s contribution to climate change
- Identify procedures for and organize possible site remediation efforts
- Preserve and increase the GTA’s native tree species canopy coverage
- Establish partnerships with companies that repurpose by-products of operational procedures
- Aligning MapleGreen to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Complete Materiality and Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance (ESG) assessments
Since embracing sustainability as a major department, MapleGreen’s 7 Green Waste Audit has begun with the primary focus being garbage generated at the company yard and fleet transportation. More details regarding the process, challenges, and results of the garbage and fleet transportation assessments will be provided within the next blog post.
To learn more about MapleGreen’s sustainability initiatives and tree services provided:
Call (416) 951-0487 | Email info@maplegreen | Follow @maplegreentreeservices on Instagram